A unique recovery drink
We formulated this product to offer all we knew a sport drink should be. The process began with the science behind sports nutrition. We strove for the product to be more than an energy drink or sports supplement. It had to offer the optimal carbohydrate ratio. The delivery system of minerals and ingredients had to be efficient and work with the body’s own processes. It had to facilitate everything an athlete needs: sustained energy, stable blood sugar and blood pressure, fluid balance. It had to refuel electrolytes, prevent cramping, delay fatigue. We also had to avoid a few things: artificial flavours or colours, high sodium, allergens. The more we learned, the more our product grew, until finally it had it all. Then we went a bit further and added probiotics.
What makes Refresh unique?
- The only sports drink to include probiotics
- its low sodium formulation uses other minerals to ensure electrolyte replenishment
- lightly flavoured, without a strong sweet and salty taste
- all natural flavours
- the 6% carbohydrate ratio
- produced in a facility free of wheat, dairy, nuts, and gluten
- Proudly Canadian made
- Certified Kosher
Probiotics – in a sports drink?
Probiotics support and restore the immune system. This allows the maintenance of a healthy gastrointestinal tract. A healthy gut allows fast recovery from fatigue, which helps with athletic performance.
The probiotic used in Refresh is heat and cold resistant. It’s also shelf stable, meaning that no refrigeration is required to deliver maximum benefit.
Low in Sodium
Compared to other sports drinks, Refresh offers low sodium content due to its use of a more effective replenishing compound, Magnesium Citrate. This compound is essential in converting blood sugar to energy, helps to maintain normal blood pressure and a healthy heart.
The trouble with too high sodium content
- Too much Sodium might overwhelm the body’s mechanism for regulating it.
- The body has mechanisms in place to effectively regulate and re-circulate Sodium, yet studies show that too much Sodium may interfere with or neutralize these.
- Sweat generates Sodium loss, but rapid replacement neutralizes this loss by allowing water intake to dilute the Sodium content. But, the problem is that high-Sodium electrolyte products can disrupt this natural process by producing a hormone that tells the kidneys to stop filtering and re-circulating Sodium, but to excrete it instead. When this happens, another hormone is produced that dominates Sodium. This causes fluid retention and leads to puffiness and swelling.
The ideal approach is to ingest foods and drinks low in Sodium and that cooperatively enhance the body’s natural systems. Use products that contain a moderate supply of Sodium to provide the necessary electrolytes without compromising internal regulation. Refresh has been specifically designed to achieve this result.
Optimal carbohydrate ratio
Refresh contains 6% carbohydrates to help balance energy production with fluid replacement during prolonged activity. We provide both fast-acting and slow-release carbohydrates to deliver the energy you need when you need it.
Precision-blended for peak performance
Refresh provides important minerals and electrolytes, which restore fluids and electrolytes both during and after exercise. These ingredients enhance performance, recuperation and overall health. Refresh is lightly sweetened, and lightly flavoured to offer easy digestion.
Ingredients that work for you
- Dextrose is a fast-acting carbohydrate delivers minerals to hard-working muscles.
- Fructose and Maltodextrin are slow-release carbohydrates that provide sustained energy production and stable blood sugar levels.
- Citric Acid (Citrates) are part of the Krebs Cycle or common energy pathway. Citrates provide the ability to produce more energy, which delays the onset of fatigue and reduces lactic acid build-up.
- Potassium Chloride and Sodium Citrate. The mineral Potassium works with chloride and sodium to maintain the body’s proper fluid balance.
- Magnesium Citrate is essential for converting blood sugar into energy. It also affects nerve and muscle function, so is important for maintaining normal blood pressure and a healthy heart. Athletes know that it prevents cramping too.
- Probiotics support and restore the immune system. This allows the maintenance of a healthy gastrointestinal tract. A healthy gut allows fast recovery from fatigue, which helps with athletic performance.
Contact us at 604-533-5334 or complete our online form.